Sign in to follow this  
dani808

Disabling link to flickr account or alternate options for carousel

dani808

I do not want anyone clicking images and getting to the flickr account. How can I disable clicking images? Is there another option for these images other than flickr? I would love to have the images pull from the media photos are another plugin where they get larger. thanks!

jnoh

dani808. As of now, there's really no easy way to pull media photos. :( However, you can do some mods to the current setup. The carousel page is set up using the flickrRSS widget which automatically links to flickr. You can remove the link to the widget by editing the widget. Or you can possibly integrate this with a jquery plugin: lightbox.

dani808

I haven't been able to identify what needs to be edited in the widget. I looked before and was looking for the action that tells it what to do when clicked both in the side bar and the carousel so I can disable the link or remove it but I can't find those lines.

dani808

Oh and about lightbox, I thought of this but since the way to make this work is adding a tag to an image code I don't see how to make this work since it is pulling images from flickr? Am I missing something obvious? Wouldn't be the first time ;)

Jackey

It would be nice if one could implement an interface with NextGen Gallery. So you could show albums and galleries with the carousel page.

Andrew

will look into it... the next generation already works with post thumbs.

dani808

Actually when you add the next generation to the sidebar it looks great but it messes up the formatting. All the other sidebar info goes to the bottom.

jnoh

Do you mind sending a live link? I'd like to take a look.

Jackey

I have never been able to get the NextGen sidebars to work properly on any pageline theme.

dani808

I don't have it up anymore because it looked bad and I had to launch the site. Does anyone know how to disable the link to flickr? I haven't been able to identify what needs to be edited in the widget. I looked before and was looking for the action that tells it what to do when clicked both in the side bar and the carousel so I can disable the link or remove it but I can't find those lines.

trevis

[sOLVED] Dani, You can remove the link of pictures of the carousel by doing the following: 1. Edit the file ./wp-content/themes/iBlogPro/includes/pro/template_carousel.php 2. In line 14 replace the string "%flickr_page%" by "#" 3. Save the file and ready! At least with me it worked! Regards, Rafael Trevisan [email protected] http://www.trevis.com.br

dani808

awesome thanks for the help, it worked! I was wondering how do you do the same for the sidebar widget? example

dani808

nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks again!!