Sign in to follow this  
mpeesel

Help! My Feature banners keep multiplying!!

mpeesel

Seriously, every time I go away and come back I've got some multiple of the original 6 that came with Pagelines Pro. There are now 1,116 of them! Deleting them doesn't help, in fact, it seems to make it worse! I've also tried to delete the default category they live in, but they keep coming back. Please, How do I stop it!?!?!ILu0N Thanks!

timlinson

Hey Mark, are you using the newest PlatformPro 1.3.5? Something similar happened here (although not quite a thousand) with an older ppro.

mpeesel

No, I'm at 1.2.3. And it's not eve that old. I only downloaded it less than 2 months ago. I'll have to try upgrading, but it'll need to wait a week or so as we're about to launch, and we've been customizing... Thanks Tim! Any other ideas from anyone out there?

mpeesel

And now there are 2,241 of them... They're like rabbits! any ideas how I can mass delete?

kastelic

To mass delete: Go to your features setup page. Click "screen options" at the top and type in like 300 or something (maybe not to high? might have problems loading?) Then click the checkbox at the very top of the list next to "Title" and click "bulk actions", "delete", "apply". Hopefully you've been customizing in the base child theme. If so then you don't have to worry about losing changes when you upgrade, it really is a pretty smooth process when done correctly.

mpeesel

Thanks Jimmy, I hadn't tried that, but now with over 13,000, it'll take a while. I can't delete anymore than 300 at a time. :( And I've had to modify the parent theme to accomplish some customizations, but I've got it all documented. That's why I can't just click the upgrade button; I've got to plan a bit of time to do it right. Anyone have a query I can use in MyAdmin to delete all features using the "default-features" feature set? My SQL is a bit light... Thanks!

Simon

`SELECT * FROM`wp_posts`WHERE post_type = 'feature'` you could start with that ;)