Sign in to follow this  
austin

Design Control - Hexadecimal and Pound Sign

austin

Is this a bug, but when manually entering a hexadecimal for color using Design Control (not using the color picker) the # (pound sign)is being stripped out and when saving options dynamic.css is being rendered without the # (i.e. making {background-color:000000;} instead of {background-color:#000000;} etc). Using color picker does not create this behavior, btw. Just manually entering color with or without # sign is not possible as the pound sign vanishes. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

timlinson

Hmm I can't seem to reproduce this on any of my boxes. What are your WordPress and PlatformPro versions? Also, any plugins?

austin

Hi @Tim, I am using the latest versions of WordPress (3.1) and Platform Pro (1.3.5); however, I found that the plugin Tubepress Pro http://tubepress.org/ was causing the problem of # vanishing. When I deactivate Tubepress Pro I am able to manually type the # in front of the hexadecimal and the # character stays. My solution is to deactivate Tubepress Pro during development so I can input changes in design control; but, this is not ideal for a live site as the plugin needs to be active for published content to display correctly.