Sign in to follow this  
p3a0d

Carousel Thumbnails and Image Title Attribute

p3a0d

Apologies if this is repeated, but cannot find it posted... I'm having difficulty in Carousel Thumbnails (post thumbs) displaying first the post titles, but then that post title being obscured by the Alt (hover) text for the thumbnail image too. Be good to get an indication whether the alt (hover) text could be suppressed within the Carousel so that the browser does not display it over the post title. Thanks

p3a0d

Thanks for your follow-up question. Within the carousel, for each image I'd like the alt tag not to obscure the post name - so within the carousel, yes, I'd like the alt tag to be disabled. The issue appears to be where the post name leaves a good part of the post thumbnail displayed. Displaying the alt text over the post name means that viewers cannot see what the post name is. Thanks - page where I've used the carousel example is: http://www.bingeinking.com/about/ The thumbnail that says 'hope for hepatitis C suffers' but if the user continues to hover also says 'virus' is a good example.

kastelic

That's actually the title attribute not the alt attribute. You can remove it by putting this script in your Custom Code ->Footerscripts section:

<script type="text/javascript">
	jQuery('.carousel_image_link img').attr('title', '');
	</script>

Note that that is two single quotes, not a double quote at the end of the line.

p3a0d

Jimmy, Fabulous response - dealt with it. Thank you. Much appreciated. Am going to change the title of the original to reflect what you've explained about it being the title attribute.

p3a0d

Couldn't find a way to update the title, but will put title attribute & carousel as tags to this reply. Thanks again.

timlinson

Changed the post title for you. +1 for tagging :)

peterluit

To follow up this question. Is there a way to put the post title always under the featured images in the carousel? So not only with a mouseover?