Sign in to follow this  
seainmyeyes

Twitter (widget)

seainmyeyes

Hi all, I need help with one problem. Tryin for days but still no solution...... This is page I work on: topogrupa.hr I've installed Twitter Goodies Widget, and what I want is to remove background color (curently blue). Can anybody plz help?

timlinson

Hi Elena, which blue part do you want to remove? The whole blue background? You can grab the Firebug addon and use its Inspector functionality to pick out the exact areas you want to change. Then just set the `background-color` property for those areas. Couple links should help: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/changing-colors-fonts http://www.pagelines.com/docs/customization-tips (video tutorial)

seainmyeyes

I want to remove Twitter widget background, which is blue. I have gradient blue defined in css for maincontent so that is the reason why I need transparent widget background.

kastelic
#twtr-widget-1 .twtr-new-results, #twtr-widget-1 .twtr-results-inner, #twtr-widget-1 .twtr-timeline {
	    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #5089C2 !important;
	}

This is the offending rule. Its in index.php line 20 according to Firebug.

seainmyeyes

@Jimmy: I've tried to put background none and transparent but I still can't remove background, still show blue bcg?

catrina

Try adding this code to your base.css file:

div.twtr-doc {background: none;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

catrina

Hmmm. Can you temporarily remove the gradient blue background behind the main content so I can see blue background more clearly?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

seainmyeyes

Catrina, I remove it.

timlinson

It looks like this plugin puts this js with background #5089C2: `` The plugin offers color configs in Settings > Twitter Goodies, but it doesn't let you set transparent/none. Maybe someone more familiar with js can figure this out.

seainmyeyes

ok, so it's not possible to do it with css?

Kate

Hey Elena, I would check with the plugin developer.