Sign in to follow this  
albduece

If your pagelines site is really slow, its a hosting problem

albduece

So I had an unbearably slow site (sometimes longer than 45 second load time). I looked at the pagelines forum and tried all the suggestions, like wp super cache and magnify. I also tried using smaller image files and less features, etc ,etc. Still my site was super slow. Then I came across a post suggesting the hosting company might be the issue. So I switched from Godaddy to hostmonster and presto!!!! my site is super fast!!! I only wish i would have done that earlier Sorry for doubting you Pagelines, your the best!

cornell2

I second this! I run several wordpress sites (half are on Godaddy) - but I never noticed that much of a performance difference until I started using Pagelines ... then after using pagelines pro (with lots of plugins) for a couple of days, the time-space continuum reduced to a crawl. Even using the dashboard was painful. I read the forums here and thought "what a cop-out" blaming the hosting provider, and mentally I was just cursing the bloated inefficient platform. But then I made the switch - and it wasn't all that hard to export *everything* (but the blogroll links) ... Now I am a happy camper, the platform, site, dashboard etc are fast, and everything is right in the world. Now I am moving all my domains and hosting accounts off Godaddy to hostmonster (and dreamhost). Sorry Godaddy. The past 11 years I've tolerated a lot of things - including the Vegas-like website, and that labyrinth you call an admin panel. Thanks folks for finally giving me the motivation I needed to switch. It was not nearly as disruptive as I feared. In fact, there was no noticeable disruption in *any* aspect of the switch (hosting, wordpress, email, ftp)... If you are complaining about the performance and slow response times for Pagelines - it's the hosting provider. Don't waste your time with anything else.

kastelic

In my opinion, Godaddy is the worst, followed by Network Solutions. Any others people have had headaches with?

goodsparkgarage
I'm in the beginning stages of trying to figure out why our blog site loads so slow. I understand its somewhat image heavy but so are many other sites (even those without dedicated servers) that still load reasonably fast. Any feedback on how MediaTemple rates among hosts? That's what we're using. It's to the point where the load time is probably driving people away. Here's the link: http://www.goodsparkgarage.com The most obvious loading hang up is when you're navigating to the articles/posts. Thanks in advance.

Simon
You have a lot of images cocider signing up for MAXCDN to offload them, wordpress super cache works nice with it. http://tinyurl.com/43ledyr < maxcdn http://tinyurl.com/4yb24aj < pingdom tests

chrishutcheson
So tell me how, if a site works quickly enough using other templates including Platform, the fact that it works slower using Pagelines is the hosting provider's fault, as opposed to some additional strain the Pagelines template is putting on the site...Sorry, but blaming the host for this - and I have a good one - Cartika - doesn't make sense

Simon
If you have an issue and want us to take a look, provide a url and start a new thread, this one is nearly a year old.