Sign in to follow this  
gnbak

templates not appearing

gnbak

I am using Platform, the free version. The Page Template drop-down menu doesn't appear in the sidebar of the WP page editor. However, with other themes, the menu does appear. I thought that the free version comes with templates for 404, posts page and single post page? I can add a custom template file, and then the menu appears, but only the custom and default template show as options. Am I missing the obvious?

cmunns

It's all controlled by the template.postloop.php file

gnbak

Ok, but I don't think it's working correctly. Your documentation says that I should be able to select "Default Page," "Posts Page," "404 Error Page" or "Single Post Page" as a page type. However, the menu for selecting Page Type doesn't show-up in the WP page writing sidebar. So, I cannot assign a page type to my pages.

catrina

I've seen this problem occur with someone else. Did you recently upgrade?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gnbak

I'm glad somebody has encountered it, because I was beginning to think I had missed a large red "Activate Templates Here, Dummy" button! Nope; it's a new site. I started with WP 3.1 and Platform 1.13 at the same time. I've deactivated plug-ins. I've switched themes back-and-forth. I've hit the "reset templates to default" in the Platform admin. I've uploaded a "custom" template (a 404.php from Twenty-Ten theme)--which did then make the menu appear, but only lists the 404 custom template as an option. I've even replaced the template.postloop.php file with a newly downloaded one. Nothing seems to work. Maybe I should re-install the entire Platform theme? Or WP?

kastelic

Try a reinstall. I've had missing features on WP 3.1 on many different themes that reappeared after a reinstall.