Sign in to follow this  
andyr83

Extending drop down sub menus

andyr83

Hi I just wanted to know if you can change the amount of sub pages that drop out of the primary menu. I have created a custom menu in the Menus section and have created a primary menu which i have attached to the primary website navigation location. I have created the menu 4 levels deep in some areas but on the front end it only goes down 3 levels. My next option is to use secondary menus for the fourth level menus but ideally i would like it all contained in the primary menu. Is this possible and if so how do you do it? Thank you for your help.

cmunns

Take a look at the section.nav.php and change the depth of the wp_nav_menu function to 4 instead of 3. If this works then we have to figure out a way to make the same change in the child theme.

andyr83

Hi Cmunns That worked a treat. To make it work on the child theme can't i just copy the file (using the same folder structure) and copy section.nav.php into there or would this affect any future updates to the theme.

kastelic

To my knowledge you can only do template files and custom sections, you can't copy over core files like that, or aren't meant to anyway.

barroncuadro

This works perfectly Adam. Is there a way to do this without editing the platformPro core files?

biko

I have the same problem, but when I go to look for section.nav.php it doesn't appear in the list of files under the editor. I'm looking under the Platform Pro files, would it be inside of another file depending on the version of Platform Pro? I do see a section.footer_nav.php, but it's not the footer menu I need to change. Thanks Bill

catrina

Which version of Platform are you using? (The latest version of Platform is 1.4)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

toddlevy

> This works perfectly Adam. > Is there a way to do this without > editing the platformPro core files? +1 Thanks for any advice.

bizassure

Any progress on adding this to the child theme? I'd like to stay away from editing the pro files.

mcbenton

For anyone looking for this setting in PageLines Framework v2.2.5 it is in: /sections/nav/section.php in the section_template() function on or about line 43. Note, that to use this that you have to use the Nav Classic section instead of the newer NavBar section which can be swapped in under the Drag & Drop > Header setup option.