Sign in to follow this  
steveandrews

Custom Page Template

steveandrews

I'm trying to create a custom page template and have done the following: I created a new file under platformbase and called it page.test.php I then added the following to it:

<?php
	 if(VPRO) {
	 /*
	 Template Name: Test Page
	 */

I can see the template when creating a new page, but cannot find it under PlatformPro -> Template Setup. I read on this forum that I need to add it to config.templates.php but my worry is that if I do this it will be overwritten when I next update Pagelines?

Andrew

Looks like you're missing the `pagelines_setup_template();` function call..

steveandrews

Thanks Andrew. I'm afraid I don't know PHP very well - can you help me out where I place the function call with the script I already have?

timlinson

Hey Steve, basically the 2nd half of the file is missing. You need to add the line that Andrew gave you, plus a right curly brace `}` to close the if-statement. To register it in your template dropdown, you don't need to do that in your core theme. It's recommended to add something like `pagelines_add_page('test', 'My Test Page!');` to your base's functions.php file. more details here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/custom-sections

steveandrews

Thanks Tim - I discovered that page about 10 mins after posting - it has exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks for all the responses folks.