Sign in to follow this  
aadf

Category Boxes

aadf

I would like to setup 3 horizontal boxes on a homepage that displays 3 different categories. Under those 3 category boxes, I would like them to display the 3 latest posts from their respective categories. Can someone direct me how to get started with this. Can I accomplish this with Platform Pro's boxes or soapboxes feature? I was also considering making a new homepage template and write the code myself after researching wordpress codex. Any suggestions?

aadf

Yeah that seems like it would do the trick. Just to expand on that, I know the hooks will feed posts into boxes. However, how do I target a specific category to go in a particular box. The site I'm working on now is at http://aadfconsultant.com/mvocalpha. Please excuse the mess, I allowed my client to play with pageline settings before we launch. But the 4 boxes I have on homepage will be replaced with just 3 boxes that will feed from particular categories. Can you add more in-depth direction on how to accomplish this. I appreciate the help. Thank you!

aadf

Thanks for the advice Tim. Gonna try out some hard coding mixed with a plugin and I'll post my results later.