Sign in to follow this  
windwhippedfarm

plug-ins for dummies...

windwhippedfarm

Hi, Reading from previous posts I've figured I probably need a Recent Posts plug-in to get my most recent posts onto my home page. I've downloaded & activated the Recent Posts plug-in but after a good while of trying to figure out how to make this plug-in work, I'm just not making any headway. I'd love any suggestions or resources that could help me solve this one. Thanks for your help, Virginie

cmunns

are you using the shortcode that this plugin probably provides?

windwhippedfarm

Hi Adam, Not sure what a short code is, this is what I have tried using: <?php recent_posts(); ?> I'm not even sure I understand where I am supposed to insert it. Yup, it is that new to me! Thks for your help.

timlinson

Virginie, can you clarify what you mean by "make this plugin work?" If you go to Appearance > Widgets, you should see "Recent Posts +" in the available widgets. You can just drag that to the sidebar you want to use.

astearns

I'll also add that there is a content sidebar you can drag into your content area in the Template Setup within PlatformPro if you need the Recent Posts widget inside the content area itself.