Sign in to follow this  
ucr_plat175

Breadcrumbs NavTX not working

ucr_plat175

Hi everyone, I'm new to Platform Pro but did try out the free theme before purchasing. With the demo theme, I was able to get the breadcrumbs NavTX plugin to function properly. Once I switched to the Base/pro model however, it is no longer working. I am running the latest Wordpress/BuddyPress, Platform pro themes, and Breadcrumbs plugin, so let me explain what is happening. I can activate the plugin, and selected "migrate" under the breadcrumbs NavTX settings. Immediately I feel as though there is something wrong with the plugin as running it under the platform pro theme results in the following functionality to not be available: "On the Breadcrumb NavXT settings page, click the ???Import/Export/Reset??? tab next to the ???Help??? tab in the upper right hand part of the page. On the dropdown, click the ???Reset??? button." The only way to "reset" those settings is to first select the default Buddypress theme and then those buttons will be available. Otherwise, the "help" and other tabs don't work at all. Once I reset and migrate the settings over, move the Breadcrumbs section into a template, the site does not want to load the php content below the breadcrumbs. I tried deactivating other plugins but that doesn't seem to be helping. This is where the code stops : <div class="clear"></div> </div> </div> </div> </div> <div id="breadcrumb" class="container fix"> <div class="texture"> <div class="content"> <div class="content-pad"> <div class="breadcrumb subtext"> I find it strange that it worked with the free theme but no longer is working with the base/pro themes. thanks

cmunns

Charlene do you have link to your site so we can check for js errors.

ucr_plat175

Sure, it is http://cncdemo.ucr.edu/ Right now the plugin is activated and also in the template (so the rest of the page is broken/won't load). Let me know if you need me to disable anything. thanks

timlinson

I couldn't manage to reproduce this locally with wordpress 3.1, platformpro 1.3.5, breadcrumbs navtx 3.8.1, buddypress 1.2.8, and buddypress template pack 1.0.2. The migrate, dropdowns, reset, page loads, breadcrumbs, etc all worked properly for me. Maybe Adam or someone else can lend some more insight.

ucr_plat175

Hi, I turned debugging on and this is the error I am getting when I hit "migrate" on the breadcrumbs link with Platform pro enabled as the theme. Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_convert_case() in /vhome/cncdemo/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/breadcrumb-navxt/breadcrumb_navxt_admin.php on line 833 Is there something wrong with the site or host configuration?

cmunns

Well according to the plugin page it's compatible up to WP 3.1.1 so you may very well have a host/server configuration that it doesn't agree with...did you try contacting the plugin author?

ucr_plat175

thank you - that was it. All is good now.