Sign in to follow this  
caroline85

Make the homepage a feature page - default

caroline85

Hi, I would like to make the homepage as a feature page -default. I tried to dot this by settings/reading but if i create a static page like this, it will show twice in the nav. any ideas? Thanks!

timlinson

Hey Caroline, that's actually the way to do it. Then to fix the nav issue, you can go to Appearance > Menus and make a custom menu.

caroline85

Hey Tim, thanks for the quick answer, much appreciated! tho im not sure i get... I created a new page called "homepage" that i wanted to use as the static page for the homepage (when you click on the house) but after it's gonna show in the nav as well :( What im supposed to do with the custom menu? sorry im fairly new...thx again!

timlinson

Hey Caroline, after you create+ save your custom menu in Appearance > Menus, you'll see a Primary Navigation dropdown menu where you can set your own menu as primary nav.

caroline85

Hey Tim, thanks for that :) I understand better now, though i still dont get how to create my homepage as a feature page -default...I can create the custom menu and drag all my pages in it but i will still have the same problem... So sorry if my question is stupid, but im really confused..

astearns

Hey Caroline! Let's back up a little so we can make sure we know exactly what you are trying to do. So, if I understand you correctly, you want to make the home page a feature page, right? When you're in the admin area in Wordpress, edit the individual page that you'd like to set as your home page. Then on the right, there will be a drop down box that says "Template." In that box, you can select "Feature Page." If you don't want the Home page to show up in your custom menu, simply take out the link to the Home page in the menu you have set for your Primary nav. You can add whatever links or pages you want (or take them out) using the custom menu setup. Hope this helps. :)

caroline85

Hey Guys! thanks for your help, i've finally got it!! :P