Sign in to follow this  
golf-girl

Adding gradient to background

golf-girl

I'm working with the awesome iBlog theme. I'd like to add a gradient to my background. I know have it in as a solid color #F14479, but would like a gradient that goes from a lighter #fa99b7. Any suggestions on the best way to do that? Many thanks! Patricia

Andrew

Sure Patricia, Thanks for asking... do you have a program like Photoshop or Illustrator?

golf-girl

No actually no... hope to be able to afford them one of these days... for the moment I'm using aviary on-line as best I can. :

golf-girl

I'm guessing a gradient background is not something I can do through the admin appearance option "Site Background (CSS)" ... or is it? I don't seem to be able to get the CSS background shorthand for a gradient. :o

jnoh

Hm you'll have to create the gradient in an imaging program. We can do graphical work for you as custom job. :) If you're interested email us at hello@pagelines.com

wirrac

I have phozoshop and I want also to add gradiant to the background... Adel M

artogami

I just redesigned some of the elements to www.artogami.com. I accomplished this by taking the images file that is in the iblogpro3 files you receive when you down load it all. I opened the pagelines demo and used firebug to inspect the elements. found the image that was used for the top gradient and went to the images file and pulled that into photoshop. I also build all my elements in illustrator and copy and paste into photoshop. once i decided what colors I wanted the gradient to start with and end with I took those two colors and made the gradient for the same shape i am replacing which I think was 5 pixels wide by 250. So in illustrator i made a shape that was the same. I applied the gradient with the two colors I wanted. Once that is done copy the shape and paste into the open page created by the image you dragged into photoshop. If it is done right the image will fit right into the window. hit the enter on PC or return on the MAC and do a save for the web and over write the image in the images file. Oh don't forget to make a copy of all your files before you start messing around. Just incase you have to revert back to the origional files. The trick is not to let your viewers see where the tiling image is and the page color begins. so you have to take the bottom gradient color and copy the hex code and replace the old page color in the style.css with the new one you are using in your gradient.