Sign in to follow this  
lmatanich

Options for a second blog

lmatanich

We're an event venue that also offers photography. I have one blog for the venue, but I want to create another for photo. I've read other topics here that talk about creating categories and then showing only that particular category. I like the idea of going that route, but I don't want photo posts to appear on the venue blog at all. Plus, I want separate categories for photo. I'm worried that what I want to do is too complicated. Would I be better off just starting an entirely new wordpress site for photo?

alisamski

I basically needed the same thing.. not to have a particular "category" on the main post page... So I created categories and sub categories. In your menu area... add the categories to your nav. in the WP Settings Reading area where you select your "main post" page.. Do not select a page. This caused no main post page. When you go to the category in the menu.. it posts the latest posts to that category only. **Note: if someone has a better solution. please do! Hope this helps

lmatanich

Thank you for responding, Alisa. Any other suggestions for how to go about doing this?

cmunns

So aside from creating menu items to show certain cats/sub-cats the main issue is how to exclude a cat from the main home page? This can be done by using a hook and the query_posts function. I just answered another thread today about how to do this. Search for query_posts in the forum search tool