Sign in to follow this  
miketartaglia

Carousel thumbnails not showing up for post images

miketartaglia

I can not get the carousel to show the image thumbnails. It always says 'thumbnail not available'. Is this because the actual image is a remote image and not stored on the word press server.

astearns

It depends... Are you using NextGen Gallery, Flickr, or Featured Image thumbnails for the carousel? A link to the site would help as well.

miketartaglia

None of those. For testing I create a separate word press page. added the carousel to it and selected 'Post Thumnails' the posts actually can be clicked on in the carousel however, the thumbnails of the posts (which are external images) never show up in the carousel.

cmunns

This issue was fixed in recent versions. Make sure you are on 1.3.5

miketartaglia

Thank you Cmunns! Actually I wasn't on 1.3.5. I just updated and I still have the same issue. Any other ideas?

astearns

Mike - I know it says "Post Thumbnails" on the meta settings for each page, but that's the same thing as saying Post Featured Images. So you will need to set the images as featured images in order for the carousel to find them. To do this, open up each post individually and select the link on the lower right hand side that says "Set Featured Image." Let us know if that works. :)

miketartaglia

When I do that, I have three choices... Find... From computer, From URL, Media Library, NextGen Gallery. Since the image is not on my computer, in the media library, or in the nextgen gallery, the only other option is URL. Am I going to have to type in where the image is located everytime I post it? I post from a service called Chumly.com and that is where the image would reside. I was looking for more of an automatic carousel entry. Any other suggestions?

astearns

You could copy and paste the link to avoid all the typing, but to have the carousel set to Post Featured Images via external links, it will definitely need the URL. :) If you are looking for an external site to host your carousel images, you might want to go with the FlickrRSS option, as it is very easy to implement and will take your images directly from your Flickr account.

miketartaglia

Actually I host my pictures on the site where I post them from. They automatically post to my wordpress site. Doesn't this seem like it would be a useful feature? Is this something that can be added to a future version? What I am proposing is: 1. When you make a post with an image, that image should be added to a recent image list. 2. A new section called "Recent Image List" that has a look and feel to it like Featured Image Set or the Carousel would be added to the templates. Does that make sense? Who else thinks this would be a useful feature?

catrina

That makes sense as long as this type of feature plays nicely with the other code and content in the theme. :)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

miketartaglia

Hopefully this can be added at some point. Thank you everyone for your help with this.