Sign in to follow this  
uccgco

New pro install - blank black page?

uccgco

I've just newly installed Platform Pro, after using the free version for the past little while. I am using a multi-user install of WordPress, and when I activated Platform Pro and set it as my theme, all I get is a completely blank black page for my website: blogs.united-church.ca/edge Any thoughts or help on this? Thanks!

cmunns

Looks like the HTML stops at the nav js in the header. It must be an incomplete installation. Did you try to manually upload the theme files via FTP...this is a much more bulletproof method

uccgco

Thanks! I've resinstalled the theme both uploading through FTP and through the WordPress install method, and am coming up with the same issue each time. I'm pretty new to this, but I'm fairly certain I'm installing everything correctly. I see all the proper settings pages on the dashboard, and everything seems to operate properly on the backend. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

astearns

It could be that the files downloaded incompletely from your Launchpad the first time- you might want to re-download the files from the Launchpad and install again. There was a multisite bug in PlatformPro 1.3.4 as well... Most users don't report this particular black screen happening, but you should try upgrading to 1.3.5 just in case it's the same thing.

ingoalmag

I had the same problem last night...even with a completely (I assumed) clean install of the theme.... In the end I went to the platform pro settings and reset them...and that did the trick. How an old presumably corrupted settings file managed to hang around my system I don't know but that was the solution.

cmunns

Right. Options and DB settings don't get erased unless you completely delete the theme from WP first or if you manually reset the options.