Sign in to follow this  
richs

help with feature CSS

richs

I'm using platform pro, and looking to implement a homepage with features that is similar to this http://www.tosasnightout.org/ (love the layout with the text on the left here) So need some help with the CSS on the feature to: - change the width on the feature image - how to align it to left/right - how I can format the text - how to implement the band of (backgound) colour that's on the above site. I'm fairly new to CSS and any help really appreciated. thanks Rich.

cmunns

Hey Rich. Most of these options don't need CSS as they are things you have options for when you create each feature slide. You will need CSS for the band of color..but have to use the full-width design framework and apply it like so: `#feature {background:#xxx;}` where xxx is your hex code.

richs

ok ta, I'll watch the feature video again and see if that explains alignment and reducing a feature image width (as I couldn't see it in the options when I add a new feature)

richs

the video indicates that you can place banners in a feature set (see 32secs in). However, after poking around the theme settings, feature and banner settings I can't see a way of implementing this link - is there a doc or forum post I can follow? (I have searched already but maybe not right terms) thanks in advance

Kate

Hey Richard, Do you still need help with the original questions as well, or did you get those resolved?

richs

hey Kate, thanks for following up. I'm still trying to figure out how to incorporate a banner into a feature - I'm assuming that how the effect of the text and images is achieved on the above site. If you have any documents or videos more than happy to research just need a starting point. thanks again Rich

timlinson

Hey Rich, can I ask why you're trying to put banners into the feature slider? A banner is basically the same thing as a feature, but I don't think you can put a "banner" into a feature. If you're just trying to emulate the Tosa feature slider, all you need are features and some css work.

richs

sorry yes - got it now, I missed the difference between a background feature image and a feature image. thanks to all who replied, appreciate putting up this pagelines newbie. Rich