Sign in to follow this  
nbenson

Marrying background image and content when resizing browser

nbenson

Morning folks, I've been looking through the settings within platform and can't seem to find the function I'm looking for - Perhaps it's still my inexperience with coding and so on. I have a background image that has some images that butts up against the edge of the canvas/content area of our sites posts. When I resize the browser window on different screens by default the image stays static and the canvas/content area adjusts accordingly. How can I 'marry' (for the lack of a better term) the background and canvas in which when I adjust the browser the background image stays 'butted' against the canvas. An example of this would be on UFC.com. You see the two fighters on each side of the main page and as you expand it,the fighters stay with the content. Sorry for the lame example, but it was the first one I noticed this morning. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

cshoffmann

Using the inspect element tool in Google Chrome, you can discover that the fighters on ufc.com are not the background image. The background image is the black you see. So that means they are a seperate image called the background-ad in the ufc.com site and they have an absolute position. To accomplish this in Platform Pro, I will play with it and post another response soon. In the meantime, try using the inspect element tool in chrome or the firebug tool in firefox to examine how other sites are styled. Keep in mind, anything is possible with Platform Pro. Just needs a bit of customization. I will follow up after discovery. You may hear from someone else here sooner on how to accomplish this task.

nbenson

Hey Shaun, Thanks for the response and the impending solution. I completely forgot firebug is installed on my office machine. I got in one of those zones where I forgot my surroundings. Thanks for looking into it!

cmunns

Hey Nate what is your URL? Depending on what you have currently you may be able to solve this by just changing the background-position property in the css where the background lives.

cmunns

Ok perfect. Yes go to DESIGN CONTROL and make sure that the horizontal position is set to "50" for your background image.

nbenson

I knew it would be something so simple that I overlooked it. Thanks for all the help and feedback guys. Much obliged!