Sign in to follow this  
scotmanfrontiernetnet

Remove Date Sticky Post Platform Pro

scotmanfrontiernetnet

I was wondering if I could remove the date from these small sticky posts shown in the picture. I am using Platform Pro. wp-date.png This would be a great feature to add too if you could. The reason being is for visibility purposes. When your article is first indexed in Google the date on the larger excerpt post is not present. So it doesn't display it in the index. Which is great. But,after you add a few articles though the date becomes present when it drops down to a stick post.The search engine notices the date added and updates your listing to reflect the change. Which is a real bummer especially when you have old content that is indexed well. People are less likely to click on older content than newer content they see in SE's. I'm assuming it is grabbing it from the updated meta.

timlinson

This CSS rule will remove those elements. Place it in "Custom Code" or the base.css file. `.date.time.published {display:none;}` For future reference, you can use the inspection tool from the Firebug addon to pinpoint the names of elements.

Kate

In addition to Tim's comment, if you only want it removed on the "sticky" posts, be sure to preface it with the ".sticky" class.

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Thanks for the quick help to both of you I appreciate it!

scotmanfrontiernetnet

I just wanted to add I got this working on one website but the other one I'm having trouble. It might be due to that I have the older version of Platform Pro installed on the website it is not working on. When I hover in firebug it does not give me the class below the metabar class it just shows the date. Here is the website in question..Thanks.. http://thecontentauthority.com/blog/

Kate

Hey Scot, In this case you may need to go in and change the PHP file. (Or just update PP ;) If you want to edit the PHP file, go into template.postloop.php, but I recommend copying it to the base theme first.

scotmanfrontiernetnet

Thanks I was thinking that would be the case. Alright this is resolved.