Sign in to follow this  
garygarysargentcom

Problem using base.css vs pro.css

garygarysargentcom

I want to make some CSS changes to the pagelines Boxes. For example I want an underline beneath the title. The div class is .fboxtitle. If I add custom css to base.css "border-bottom: 1px solid #D0D0D0;" for example, it doesn't take. BUT if i cut and paste that code into pro.css, it works. Also I have found some changes only work when I write the code in dynamic.css, etc. This is a huge problem for me because I would like to continue to update Platform Pro when Pagelines releases a new version, so I need all my changes to be made in platformbase, but it's not working that way.

garygarysargentcom

Sourena thanks a bunch for chiming in. We tried your suggestion first right off and unfortunately it's not fixing anything. The jist is that the CSS changes are reflected on the browser/in FireBug only in Chrome and not in FF or IE at all. Never seen anything like it. It's almost as if the CSS is selectively different for IE and FF. Can't figure it out. Any other ideas?

Kate

Hi Gary, A few things. And, forgive me but we have to cover "obvious" things too ;) So, first off: is PlatformBase activated (in "Appearance->Themes")? If it is, am I correct in understanding the changes are being saved, just not applied? By the way: you can still use custom code... it will carry over regardless of upgrading or not ;)

garygarysargentcom

Kate, Thank you for responding. It's nice to have another set of eyes. We've put two pairs and still no luck. As to your question. Yes, we have Base activated and using both base.css and functions.php extensively without issue. It is because of this that it makes it so odd. It is almost as if the code from functions php we've added (in this case to the header) is not at all being modified by (or even showing up via FireBug) in the css we see on page. It is only when we modify the pro.css that we see results. This is of course less than optimal as we plan to upgrade versions in the future. Thanks for your assist here.

Kate

Hey Gary, I see you mentioned functions.php, but it's still the CSS that you're having difficulties with, correct? In cases like this, it's often something like a missing end bracket on the code just above where you're trying to add new code. Are you able to give a link or post your CSS?

garygarysargentcom

Kate, You were absolutely right. Complete ameteur mistake on our part. In this case a single { was missing and instead used a ( which blew out everything even though it was a completely different line of code that was effected. Wow! What a great reminder to check your code. Thanks and resolved! Gary