Sign in to follow this  
kymatt

How do you insert a jpg into your post so it will preview on the blog page?

kymatt

I want it to look exactly like the blog page demo for WHP which I am using the newest paid version: http://www.pagelines.com/demos/whitehousepro/blog My post doesn't look like this. It just previews the abbreviated body of text. The pic shows up in the post when you click the link from the blog page. I have attached the link to my site here. I have disguised it because I don't peoples searches bringing them this thread in a forum where I am showing my ignorance! http://tinyurl.com/yc45sgj

kymatt

FIXED! Found the solution here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=42#post-2192 I would like to note that when I installed this theme and restored to default to get the site to look like the demo, it did not work. The "thumb" custom field that you have to add wasn't there by default and there wasn't any instructions noting that you had to add it. :)

jnoh

Hey kymatt, which version of WordPress are you using? Their should be a little panel in the page editor in 2.9.x that allows you to specify a thumbnail. :D

kymatt

I am using 2.9.2 When you specify the thumbnail, will WHP automatically enter it into your blog page? I am not talking about the post page, but the page where you see previews of each blog. I am tinkering with it now but can't seem to get that to work. What does work is when you click on your Post>Edit>Scroll down to the Custom Fields>add new Custom Field>type in "thumb" as custom field name>enter URL of the image into the "value" box>click Add Custom Field. That is what works for me as far as getting a thumbnail to pop up in on the blog preview page. If there is an easier way to do this or if I am completely missing something I'd like to know. :)

Andrew

Kymatt, if you're using a recent version of the theme, it fully supports all the cool thumbnail stuff in the latest WP versions.. Should work nearly the same as the custom field stuff. Does that help?

kymatt

I am using version 2.1.1 of the theme and 2.9.2 of Wordpress. Are you saying that I do not have to use the custom fields to enter thumbnails into the posts so they will show up on the blog page where you see previews of each blog? I need step by step help because I am not familiar with this. :(

jnoh

Hey kymatt. You should have something like this in your post editor: Hosted by imgur.com If it's not showing up make sure its enabled in the "screen options"

kymatt

I have that but entering the thumbnail that way doesn't put it into the preview on the blog page.

kymatt

As soon as I enter the thumbnail the way you show above, it does this on the blog page: test.jpg

kymatt

Why is the PageLines logo in there? Also, how can I make the excerpts be a little bit more friendly. I had disabled all excerpts because when I use them,they post the excerpts again inside of the actual post . . so the reader is reading the same opening paragraph 2 times.

Jackey

Do you actually see a thumbnail in the backend? Because you should. uPZ9a.png When you select the thumbnail, on the image settings there is a link at the bottom of the pane "Use as thumbnail". When you click that, the thumbnail gets created and inserted in the Post. BTW that pagelines logo should be at the bottom of your page. You could have a misbehaving sidebar (that is probably not related).

Andrew

thanks for the help Jackey, glad you're on your way Kymatt!