Sign in to follow this  
viveksweet

Rss and social icons in header right from navigation

viveksweet

I'm trying to get RSS and some of the social build in icons on the right of my navigation. I use the BrandNav section... Is this easy to do?

Kate

Hi Ben, You can move it with custom CSS...

viveksweet

ok, is there a fixed code for that?

Kate

No, but the icons div is positioned absolutely. So, assuming you set a width to your nav, you should be able to just move the icons down ;) Are you using Firebug?

viveksweet

yes, I look into this thx

Kate

No problem... Let us know if you need anything else.

fcfellowship

Hello Kate, That must be easy stuff for you, huh? lol I wish I had a clue. :>( I have been trying to figure out how put the social icons, nav menu, and branding all on the same horizontal line at the top of my site. I have reached out on here for help but the help I keep getting is WAY over my head. Is there a ready-made code or something that I can obtain that would do this for me? Thank you, Will

Kate

Hey Will, No problem. Do you have a link to your site, please? We can help you out with the code.

cesoielampo
Hello, i wanted to move all the social icons to the Navigation. But i had to copy/paste pieces of code. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRY THIS MAKE A BACKUP COPY OF ALL FILES INVOLVED. 1) i copied from the template.branding.php file this piece
2) In section.nav.php i commented the line //if(!pagelines_option('hidesearch')){ get_search_form(); } just to make sure nobody can enable the Search form in the Navigation bar. 3) i pasted just before the commented line what i copied in point no 1 adding " ?> " before the pasted section and " "Social Icon Position" -> "Distance From Bottom (in pixels)" -> i set 5. Hope this helps anyone looking for the same feature. Regards,