Sign in to follow this  
mightymos

Pages as directories

mightymos

I'm trying to do something fairly simple (I think). Each page I create, I would it to be a directory of my website. For example, if I create a page called "About", I would like it to live at this url: www.mysite.com/about Essentially, I would like to do this for multiple pages I create. How would I go about getting this done. I understand that on my FTP I would need to create designated directories for such pages. Would appreciate any help. Thanks guys!

Sourena
Each page I create, I would it to be a directory of my website.
What do you mean by that?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

mightymos

Sorry for the typo. I meant, "Each page I create, I would like it to be a directory of my website." For example: "About" page = mysite.com/about "Photography" page = mysite.com/photography "Contact" page = mysite.com/contact and so on...

Kate

Hi Ryan, Actually, it's very simply. You just need to enable permalinks. Go to "Settings->Permalinks" (in the WP settings) and choose one of the radio buttons (other than default).

mightymos

Hi Kate! Thank you for the reply. For what I'm trying to accomplish, the radio button option I would have to select is "Custom Structure" correct? The other radio buttons wouldn't apply to what I'm trying to do? Therefore, I'd have to create an .htaccess file? Thanks!

cmunns

For custom structure just use `/%postname%/` WP will generally create the .htaccess file for you if you don't have one.