Sign in to follow this  
jmcollett

rendering the text in boxes

jmcollett

Since upgrading to the latest version of PlatformPro, I have discovered that one of my primary plug-ins (WishList Member) has a display issue of tags within your boxes module. I have discussed this in great detail with WLM, as I believed the issue was with their product; albeit, their programmers have discovered what they feel is the potential resolve to this issue. "The problem is pagelines is rendering the text in the boxes using their own method instead of using the "the_content()" function which is provided by wordpress. If you try to experiment, you'll notice that the tags are working for soapboxes but not for boxes. This is because the method for rendering the soapboxes is doing it correctly." Can someone please address this concern and provide either an explanation or an upgrade to this issue. Please note: This one issue has delayed the deployment of my website http:www.craftclassroom.com for several weeks now; therefore you earliest assistance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Martin

Simon

What tags is the plugin trying to use? The boxes module uses the shortcodes API to display the info, the info is stored as post-meta info. HTML is not stripped.

jmcollett

Greetings Simon, I invite you to view the home page of the site in question - http:www.craftclassroom.com - where you will observe that the tags in question are actually visible from text area of the boxes. Cheers, martin

cmunns

Hey Martin are other shortcodes working properly? I've tried a google maps shortcode e.g. `[googlemap address="san diego, ca"]` and it works fine so can you be more specific on how the wish list members plugin generates their shortcode?

jmcollett

Hey Cmunns, The programmer from WLM has already applied the following change and requested that I advise you accordingly. The file that was changed is themes/platformpro/sections/boxes/section.boxes.php <div class="fboxtext"><?php echo do_shortcode($bpost->post_content); ?><?php edit_post_link(__('[Edit Box]', 'pagelines'), '', '', $bpost->ID);?></div> The above line was changed to: <div class="fboxtext"><?php the_content($bpost->post_content); ?><?php edit_post_link(__('[Edit Box]', 'pagelines'), '', '', $bpost->ID);?></div> The reason the first line didn't work was because, wishlist-member shortcodes arent using wordpress' shortcode api. So now I ask, is this the best solution for PlatformPro overall or not. If not, how do I make this a permanent solution to my site without constricting future upgrades from PageLines? Cheers, Martin

jmcollett

Hello Cmunns, Just wondering if there is a response to my last post on this matter. I am particularly interest in knowing how to make this a permanent solution to my site without restricting or compromising future upgrades from PageLines? Martin

cmunns

I've talked with Andrew and we may end up changing the boxes back to how they were. Right now I don't have a definite answer for you though.