Sign in to follow this  
danadominguez75

Moving Wordpress: How it affect Platform Pro?

danadominguez75

Hello, I've recently purchased Platform Pro and have installed it as a theme in my Wordpress account. Since this time, I've learned that I need to move WP into a subdirectory (it's currently in the root directory on my server) in order to designate a custom home page, one that I've created myself in Platform Pro (See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory). My question is this: Since moving WP also means moving the themes folder, will this affect the functionality of Platform Pro? Would you recommend deleting everything and starting from scratch? This wouldn't be a problem because I have yet to design my website. If there is another way to achieve the same result without moving WP, I'd love to know. Thanks for creating a great product!

cshoffmann

I don't think it will effect anything since you are moving the wp-content folder. Are pointing to the same DB?

Simon

Are you wanting to set a static page as your Home then have another page for your blog posts? If so there is no need to move wordpress as it can do this quite easily. Just create your static landing page in wordpress, and call it Home. Create a second page called blog, this page needs no content, its merely a container. Now go to the wordpress settings and under 'reading' set your front page to static and select 'home' as the page used. And set 'blog' as your blog page.

danadominguez75

Yes, I'd like to create a static home page which links to a blog. I've followed Simon's suggestions and set my front page to static, indicating 'home' as my home page. This worked perfectly! Thank you both for your helpful responses.

csafigan

I followed this and it works, but now I have a home icon as well as a "home" on my main navigation. I see how to create a custom menu but was wondering if there was just some simple way to fix?