Sign in to follow this  
fladhani

Help with sidebar on homepage!

fladhani

Hello there - sincere apologies if this has been asked and answered numerous times. I am running the free version of platform pro, and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a sidebar on the homepage. It just does not show up as an option on the template page. I also cannot redirect to another page, as I want the homepage to be the blog roll. Is there a way to have the sidebar appear on the homepage!? Many thanks for any assistance. Best.

Kate

Hi Fladhani, Do you have a link, please?

fladhani

also, any other suggestions on how to make the site better/more functional/extend the power of the pagelines tool would be very very welcome and incredibly appreciated!

Kate

Hi fladhani, Hate to ask an obvious question, but: I see the sidebar is being generated on the right side there. However, it's empty. So, can we verify that you've added widgets to the sidebar?

fladhani

Hi Kate, Yup - I have a twitter and a social media widget in the primary sidebar. You can see they appear on internal pages such as the about page: http://www.cloudtostreet.org/?page_id=5 The sidebars just don't seem to show up (or the widgets within them) on the home page (blog page) and individual post pages. Thoughts? Thanks again for all your help. Best, Farhaan

cmunns

What is your global setting for layout? The blog page layout is set under Blog and Post options fyi

fladhani

Thanks Adam, The global setting for layout is two column - one main, and one sidebar. Blogs and posts page is exactly the same, and the sidebar setting is unchecked for hiding it when the sidebar is empty. The primary sidebar has two widgets in it, twitter and social media and appears on all the other pages, except the blog and posts pages... I'm stumped! Best, F

cmunns

Strange. What version of PP are you on ? Current is 1.3.5

fladhani

i've got platform 1.1.3 installed but can't seem to find 1.3.5 as an upgrade!

astearns

That's because 1.3.5 is an upgrade for PlatformPro, not Platform Free. :)

fladhani

I'd totally be willing to purchase the pro version, i'm just worried i will end up with the same problem! does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing? Best, Farhaan

cmunns

The free version is just not updated as often as we don't directly control the distribution since it lives in the WP repository