Sign in to follow this  
devonium

WhiteHouse Pro Move Domain

devonium

My business partner purchased the whitehouse pro theme October 21, 2009 so we do not have a login (I assume the system was created after this since we cannot get the email recovered). Anyway -- I am trying to change domains and it looks like all of the pro features go away (or don't move properly). I backed everything up and copied it to a new directory (including the DB). Then I changed all references to the old domain to the new domain and updated wp-config.php with the path and db changes. Imorted the updated db and uploaded the files. The site loads (after fixing a template editing error that got thrown .... just removed the die) but the home page has none of the look it had on the old site and in the admin it looks like all pro functionality is disabled. Can you please let me know what to do to fix this?

catrina

Did you save your WhiteHousePro theme options prior to the move ("Backup Option Information" at the bottom of Theme Options)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

devonium

No but I will try that --- I'm curious why that wouldn't move with how I moved things?

devonium

I don't have that option at the bottom of my theme options. Any other ideas?

cmunns

I'm not sure how you are moving things, but I've used the BackupBuddy plugin before and it works brilliantly at moving absolutely everything in the migration process. Also does backups of course.

devonium

I figured out the issue --- the serialized options got messed up in wp_options when I replaced the old domain with the new domain in the database dump (before reimporting).