Sign in to follow this  
anthkurtz

Social Links not showing

anthkurtz

Hi, I've tried adding Facebook and Youtube links to my Header but can't seem to get them there. I've added the required links. Is there something I'm missing? I've searched for answers in the forum but can't find an answer http://anthonykurtz.com/blog/ Thanks for your help, Anthony

kgstew

Hi Anthony, How are you trying to add the links into the header? The proper way to do with with Platform is to use hooks and create a new functions in the Platform Base functions.php file. There is in fact already a default example on how to add a button into the header. Cheers, -Kyle

anthkurtz

Hey Kyle, thanks. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. I was referring to Social Icons (for some reason I called it links). In Platform Pro "Settings" under "Header and Nav" there is a social icon section where you can fill in your URL's. I thought that's all you have to do for them to appear. Do I still need to add them like you said? I will try to find the default example but I'm not sure where. Thanks, Anthony

catrina

I checked your source and the links are there, but the icons are just not showing up. Did you check your theme folder to see if the images are there?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

annabelr

Hi there, Same problem as Anthony. see there : rnhp2010.lamaisondenosreves.fr Platform Pro 1.3.3 with Platform Base. The sprite-socialicons.png is there, from what i can tell the link in the CSS file seems OK but youtube and rss icons are not showing up. To Pagelines Team I'm really getting annoyed by unexpected behaviors (cufon, social icons, platform pro administration panel bugged...) of Platform Pro and lack of factual answers and solutions. Feel free to ask for a login to check out the back-end and sort things out. I really need to launch the client's site today and can't as is

annabelr

Thx Simon. One down. Cufon replacement still not working though (http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic/7812) and no answers so far... PS : I will start a thread with plugin list regarding admin problem... when i'm done solving problems preventing me from launching my client's site