Sign in to follow this  
ckny

Unique sidebar box

ckny

We are designing a portal with different hotels and we would like beside the main description of the hotel on the right different unique sidebar box(es) for the hotelfacts, fotogallery, booking request form. Anyone has an idea how to realize that?

ckny

Nice plugin. I have also seen http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-generator/ With this plugins I can create more sidebars and add widgets. But for the content I do not have a widget. The content is different (unique) on every hotelpage. So I need a plugin, where I can edit the content of each sidebar when I am creating or changing a page. Here you can see an example: http://www.fincahotels.eu/?page_id=10 At the moment I am doing this with columns, but I would prefer boxes (sidebars) to be more flexible...

ckny

Dear Jackey, thanks a lot, but I need this independent from the page-type. For example: hotelpage_1 with facts_1, images_1 and form_1 hotelpage_2 with facts_2, images_2 and form_2 hotelpage_3 with facts_3, images_3 and form_3 So it needs to be individual/unique on each hotelpage. The best would be if I could add text to the sidebar boxes, when I am creating or editing the page...

Jackey

This is independant of the page type. You can give each and every page/post its own widget(s). It can do exactly what you want. It is just handy that you can also assign widgets by page type. BTW have you tried to exploit the highlight page for this? Content on this page can be made more dynamic when adding a gallery plugin (as you already have). As you can see on my site, all feature pages have their own text and graphics. For better support of gallery/image-rotator plugins you can consider to enable shortcodes on the feature pages (Like I did).