Sign in to follow this  
mrounds

Pulling out my hair with CSS edits

mrounds

Hey everyone - I just bought Platform Pro today and am trying to edit some CSS. What started with me trying to add bullets has turned into a hour or two long epic saga. I've installed the PlatformBase theme and am editing base.css. I kept trying all of these different combinations of CSS to get bullets to show up in a list on my sidebar (I'd call myself intermediate to advanced with it) and nothing was working. Then, to see what was going on I tried a really simple override like "h1 a {color:red;}". Nothing happened so I'm suspecting that theres something wrong here. What could I be doing wrong? Is base.css not the way to go here? Thanks for any help.

mrounds

Nevermind, I'm editing pro.css and everything is working great now. I guess I'll have to just back up this file and upload whenever the theme updates, or consult a developer for an alternate solution.

cshoffmann

If you are editing pro.css then you are going to run into issues when you upgrade in the future. You should be adding your CSS edits to PlatformPro Base> base.css file. When you don't get the edits you want to happen, then check to make sure your css is correct using browser developer tools like firebug. If that is okay, then try goicng to PP>settings>custom code and hit save, then upload your base.css file back into wp-content/themes/platformprobase/base.css . Check to see if your changes were made now. If that does not resolve it, then make sure you are using PPbase 1.3.2 and the Platform Pro 1.3.3 installations. You should be able to do everything within base.css If you cannot get it to work, I suggest having one of us take a look. Use base.css or once again you will have future issues with upgrades.