Sign in to follow this  
bizint

Getting image and url links correct before launch

bizint

My site is currently a couple of tiers deep into my existing site www.mysite.co.uk/betatest/worpress/wp-admin blah. When I go live I'm basically goijg to cut and paste up the whole wordpress site into the top top tier - but I'm aware that some of the links are linking to betatest/wordpress/blah and wont work? With dreamweaver I was used to linking within the site so that links "moved up" with the site. Can someone tell me what the url of images and internal pages should be to ensure I dont have a mess when I come out of beta? Thanks

Andrew

most images should be in the uploads folder of that WP install, have you been hard coding links?

bizint

There are some hard codes - like when I link to an image in the wordpress site. A good example is the global template first page option - when I uploaded the logo it show the image location as: www.businessinteriors.co.uk/betatest/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/business-interiors-logo210.jpg But when I drag the site up a few tiers I cant see it auto updating to www.businessinteriors.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/business-interiors-logo210.jpg .... Am I right? Will I have to reload the image or change the url manually?

cmunns

I think there are some plugins out there that will change the links for you when you transfer. Start there.