Sign in to follow this  
andya

Can I use iBlogPro Forum with another wordpress theme?

andya    0
andya

Hey guys I have been using iBlogPro and love it however I have decided to change my wordpress theme but stick with the iBlogPro BBPress theme Whenever I try to switch themes I get this error: iBlogPro Needs To Be Activated It appears you have deeply integrated with WordPress but still need to activate iBlogPro 3.5.5 or newer on that install. Is there anyway I can use the iBlogPro BBPress Forum theme with another Wordpress theme on my blog? Thanks in advance Andy

Andrew    201
Andrew

Hi Andy, iBP forum uses some of the functions from the theme... for options etc.. is there a way to keep iBP activated (or on an activated WP install) and still use the theme you want?

andya    0
andya

No there isn't a way that I know of I'm a little bit disappointed because I just paid for the forum theme and styled it just the way I like it and now I can't use it just because I wanted to change my wordpress theme If anyone knows how to get around this please let me know Andy

Andrew    201
Andrew

well the forum basically uses the `header.php`, `footer.php` and `style.css` files from the theme to draw the framework for it.. its definitely possible to use it with another theme; but some coding will be involved...

andya    0
andya

Ok thanks Andrew Are you able to provide any main tips or advice? I'm pretty cluey with wordpress and playing around with the code Andy