Sign in to follow this  
alyce_holzberger

Upgrade 1.3.3 and dynamic CSS permissions

alyce_holzberger

Hi Guys, I'm a pretty big n00b with all of this stuff, but I managed to set permissions for the old version of Platform Pro. I updated this morning to 1.3.3 and got the following warning: Dynamic CSS File Not Writable Your dynamic CSS file is not writable by the server. To fix just change the file permissions of your dynamic.css file to 666, and you'll be all set. After setting your file permissions, hit the save button so your dynamic CSS can be generated. The file is located here: /home/client2/rushton/www/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/dynamic.css I have gone in and changed the permission of the dynamic.css in the 'core' folder to 666 and also tried 777. I'm still getting the warning and of course none of my settings are showing up. I have no extra plugins installed, the site is pretty basic. What am I doing wrong?

cshoffmann

did you back up your root before upgrading? if so, you may try uploading the old dynamic css file. FYI: you should install PlatformPro Base and activate, then use the base.css file for custom code instead of using the custom code in platformpro settings. You might try cutting and paste of your custom code into the base file then upload to platformprobase folder where base.css is located /wp-content/themes/platformprobase/base.css . That may prevent you from even needing to worry about the dynamic.css file at all.