Sign in to follow this  
alisamski

A Blog/Feed Aggregation Site

alisamski

I have Platform Pro. Would I need another theme to produce a "blog" site hosting a gi-normous amount of feeds, multi-blogs and such... or can PlatformPro do the same thing? Basically do I need to purchase the Whitehouse or Iblog Theme?

alisamski

That would be a great plugin also...does it work on wp3.1? Can you post the sitelink that uses that? I looked at using googlereader for the funnel. I'm talking about feeding 50+ feeds into this for the client and then having them sift thru.. mark it and then post the feeds thru wp-zff-zend-framework-full plugin. There will be numerous ways I believe for these feeds to come thru... it is just a matter of if I can use the Pageline Pro which I have, or do I need to go with another theme primarily for blogs such as Whitehouse or IblogPro

alisamski

ok... lets go back to my original question... Do I need to purchase another theme such as whitehouse or can I do the same thing (full functionality) with pageLine Pro?

cmunns

As far as aggregating feeds all themes have the same capability, but to make life easy on you the best way to aggregate is to get a WP plugin that parses RSS feeds via shortcodes so you can place them anywhere you want. The default plugin in WP can also do this...but you may want more options