Sign in to follow this  
malcfinch

Typography Tool

malcfinch

Hi The fonts are not updating on my site when I change them in the typography tool. The preview works and it says it has saved the changes, but when I refresh my site the text is still garamond....any ideas please ? Malc

Andrew

Live link would be helpful.

cshoffmann

Found this on your dynamic.css file: body, .font1, .font-primary, .commentlist { font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif; letter-spacing: 0.00em; text-transform: none; font-weight: normal; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; } Remove that from custom code. Custom code overrides the Typography tool.

malcfinch

silly question, but how did that get in to my .css as I have not made any changes to it ? cheers malc

catrina

You don't have to make direct changes to the dynamic CSS file for it to change automatically. If you want, you can find more info about it here.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iizzoo

Hi, I am having the same problem. I am trying to change the font, but nothing happens after "saving". I tried to change de dynamic.css file but that didn't help. Maybe I did this wrong (I am no expert at all). What else can I try? My site: www.iizzoo.nl. Thanks!

Kate

Hi Guido, Do you have other code that would be applied to those elements in your custom code? (See Shaun's comment above.)

malcfinch

I found resetting the site works. You don't have to re-do too much for it to represent your old site again. I've done it a few times and it only takes a couple minutes to tick a few boxes, add the logo and the colour scheme. To reset go to PP settings in the left hand menu, then to Design Control, scroll to the bottom and click restore to default. Shouldn't have to do it, but it does resolve the issue. cheers malc