Sign in to follow this  
bethlehem1017

How to Make Words in Nav Bar in Lowercase Letters

bethlehem1017

Hi, I installed the WhiteHouse Pro demo and have customized it, however my site doesn't look like the demo when it comes to the words being uppercase and lowercase letters. It's all capitalized and I want to have the italicized and lowercase letters available. Thanks!

studio8c

HI Can you drop me a url so i can check it out Cheers Dennis

Kate

Hi Bethany, In your CSS you would use

text-transform:lowercase

on the nav bar.

bethlehem1017

Haha, hey again, Kate. So, I'm not very good w/ this CSS coding. I looked in the Editor and couldn't figure out where to add the code. I also tried adding it to the Custom Code section but obviously that didn't work. Where would I insert that code specifically? Thanks!

kgstew

Hi Bethany, The custom code section is the proper place to add the CSS code. I would suggest downloading firebug from http://getfirebug.com and using this to inspect the nav bar to find the proper CSS class to add the code to. Also check out www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp for more information on how to use CSS to customize your website. CSS will be used to customize much of the look and feel and your website. Whitehouse has many settings to modify the way your website looks but with CSS there are many more possibilities to customize your site as you want it. You can also consider hiring PageLines Pro to design your site for you if you would prefer. The code you want to add to your custom code section to change the nav text to all lower case will be #nav ul li {text-transform:lowercase;} -Kyle

bethlehem1017

Kyle, Thanks for getting back to me. I should've clarified. I don't want it to all be lowercase. I wanted the look of what's in the demo, which is that there are lowercase/italicized words that alternates w/ the uppercase words. I thought that by capitalizing the words in the Pages section, it would automatically show up, but it didn't. I don't want all lowercase or all uppercase. I'm just trying to mimic what the demo looks like. Thank you again for your patience!

timlinson

Hi Bethany, In the the WhiteHousePro nav bar, those lowercase words are actually wrapped in ` ` tags manually (the css rules have already been put in place for you). You can just go back and edit your page titles, adding the ` ` tags around the words that you'd like to be lowercase. Cheers

bethlehem1017

Tim, that solved it! Thank you!