Sign in to follow this  
fogger

dropdown issue in IE7

fogger

Hi I am having problems with the drop down in IE 7 it is not easy to grab the link and it seems to be jiggling and moving when the page loads.. Im not using any major plugins nothing for nav or like that..is there a java fix for this? This site is major under const so any fix or ideas can be applied easy re-working or addons anything is still possible.. thanks http://www.billsgs.net/

Andrew

will take a look... have to get IE7 running however. (we usually debug in ie6 and ie8)

fogger

ok sounds good but at least point me in the right direction..I didnt make any changes to the nav..except maybe some css border highlight..I pulled out a js file I knew was conflicting and added a ie7 css file and have been adding to the png fix as necessary..(for 6) geez we need to really get IE out of the way..:)

Andrew

Hey bud, Somewhere someone told me that adding "display:inline-blog" to things in IE fixed issues with drop/downs... but you deserve a better answer than that..

geez we need to really get IE out of the way..:)
you don't know how much I agree with that :)

fogger

Ok ill see how that might work..I also could change out the nav to a different java script which may help..We may not need the dropdown but Im told for the payment gateway we will..there are 2 types of programming going on here.. but I know thats not the conflict..Since the dropdown behaves the same on all SP versions..That are not part of the pearl gateway code for this site..

joelle

I haven't been able to get a hold of IE 7 to see for myself, but I'm told there are some layering issues with the drop-downs. They work fine in IE 8 and all other browsers. Do you know is there a fix? Maybe a z-index?

jnoh

we used z-index to fix the IE8 issue, but IE7 still has the layering issue. We're still looking for a fix for this.

fogger

Ok but it maybe that the menu needs to be removed and a different format installed..if I do that can I get some direction on how to quickly tie it to the function or options?

Andrew

check for a plugin?

fogger

Plugin? well im not sure there are any conflicts there.. I pretty much eliminated that..there are a few developers on the site im working on and we all look at it.. they are aware of it as well.. it is looking more like a change out..I have a different java drop down tested and ready to go..its too bad in a way..but also it cant be helped.. I have the stop living in the past plugin up and that tells people on IE 6 to upgrade but we cant get them to drop 7..:)

Andrew

well this bug will definitely be fixed coming up... I've done some testing in IE7 for our next theme; and the drop/down seems to work fine. email us and we'll send you the stylesheet from that theme...

williamg

Does anyone know if this problem has been resolved? I'm having the same problem.

heather

I am having the same problem with WHP 3 and the drop down menus jumping all over the place. IE 7 and IE 8 both do this. Any fixes yet??