Sign in to follow this  
annabelr

Platform Pro Localization issues : a Fix

annabelr

I struggled with Platform Pro 1.2 and following versions to achieve a complete localization of the Front-end. Contrary to what was announced 1.3.1 or 1.3.2 didn't solve the issue (metabar, 404 not translated despite the fact that corresponding language files were present in langage directory). I finally found the solution (not thank to official support may i add ; - ) The .po catalog delivered with ppro install is incomplete. If you're using POEDIT the thing to do is to update the catalog. To achieve that you have to have the whole of platform pro files and directories on your computer. Open the catalog (.po file) to be found in language directory, go to configuration > paths and enter ../ (will scan .php files in root directory). Then go to the Catalog menu and select update from sources (i'm guessing from french version of poedit so the menu item name may not be 100% accurate). You'll be presented with a list of new / deprecated character strings, click ok. All you have to do now is translate, save and upload (.po but mostly .mo file) to the language directory of your ppro install. It worked fine for me.

pascaleb

Thank you very much Annabel for your help. Sure, for me, what you say is not easy as 1-2-3. :( I took PagelinesPro because I was sure it was easy for somebody like me not very ?«tecky?». I do content, not Web sites. Anyway, that is not your problem, but I am kind of disappointing of that theme. Was supposed to be -very simple-... Thanks again. Have a nice day Annabel! Pascale

zouleo

Where can I download the correct .po/.mo/.pot file that I need to translate everyting?

zouleo

I know how to translate. But not everything gets translated. I hope you fix this soon. For example at the page that lists posts I still get by Admin on 24 MARS 2011 ?· in MyCategory [?„NDRA] "by", "on", "in" - not translated! Annoying.

Andrew

Regenerated this file, will be in 1.3.3

zouleo

I want to fix this ASAP. Is it possible to download this file now? I'd prefer not waiting until 1.3.3... Thanks!