Sign in to follow this  
wendygordon

facebook problems in sidebars

wendygordon

i am trying to add some basic facebook plugins to the sidebars and/or footers in Platform Pro. I have tried everything i can think of.. I have downloaded at least 5 different facebook plug in widgets for activity feed, like box, recommendations, like button, facepile, etc. I have tested them all individually by only having one plugin installed at any given time, and in every single case... nothing happened. Pagelines creates the space for the facebook plug in, but then doesn't pull the information in. In some cases i can see the 3 blue bars (i call it facebook is trying to connect), but still nothing comes in. I then went directly to facebook and generated the code and inserted it into a text box. and still nothing worked. I tried this with 4 different facebook pages. Any ideas? are there any known conflicts with Facebook and pagelines? any work arounds? Please note: I am NOT trying to put a facebook like button at the bottom of a blog entry. i am trying to put facebook modules on certain pages of my site. I am not an experienced coder and am hoping I dont have to try something heroic!

Sourena

Any link to your site?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

catrina

It might not be a problem with Facebook, but the plugins in general. Have you tried installing one of those Facebook plugins with the other plugins deactivated?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

wendygordon

turns out it got even weirder. when i finally got any of the facebook plug ins to work... a twitter icon appeared and no facebook info came in! Since I was only just playing around with the site i ended up trashing it, and reinstalling platform pro from scratch. there was obviously some kind of incompatibility or corruption. everything is working like a charm now.