Sign in to follow this  
gayatriom

Parse error when adding file to functions.php in platformprobase

gayatriom

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in line.... Hey. So i just want to make sure I'm adding the following code in the right place in functions.php . there's a lot of stuff there and i'm not sure where i should add the code. <?php /*custom functions to get next/prev group id*/ //find next group id, return false if current group is last function custom_get_next_group_id(){ //global $group; $current_group_id=bp_get_current_profile_group_id(); //get all the groups $groups = BP_XProfile_Group::get( array( 'fetch_fields' => false ) ); $group_id=false; foreach($groups as $group){ if($group->id>$current_group_id){ $group_id= $group->id;//this is immediate next group break; } } return $group_id; } //find prev group, 0 if this is first group function custom_get_prev_group_id(){ //global $group; $current_group_id=bp_get_current_profile_group_id(); //get all the groups $groups = BP_XProfile_Group::get( array( 'fetch_fields' => false ) ); //sniff prev group_id $group_id=0;//which is non existent foreach($groups as $group){ if($group->id<$current_group_id){ $group_id= $group->id;//immediate next group is continue; } } return $group_id; } //get the edit link for a group function custom_get_group_edit_link($group_id){ global $bp; return $bp->displayed_user->domain . $bp->profile->slug . '/edit/group/' . $group_id; } ?>

wendygordon

i get this error every time i try to change the functions.php file directly from the editor in wordpress. when i make the changes directly to the file and reupload it works fine.