Sign in to follow this  
danielputumayotourscom

Help with child theme

danielputumayotourscom

Hello Pagelines. I hope you can help me out here. I have been trying to make this work, but I think the reason it doesn't work is that the EcoPro theme doesn't have some of the elements found on this document: http://www.tourcms.com/support/webdesign/wordpress/theme_development.php. I use TourCMS as my booking system and would LOVE to be able to use what's shown on this page. I have tried taking their already built child theme for Twenty Ten and modifying it but it still doesn't work for the single-tour.php page. Let me know if there's anything else I can include, like the single-tour.php file itself or anything else. Thank you!! Daniel A Buitron

catrina

You can try to create the taxonomy PHP template files and incorporating them into the theme to see how they work out. Downloading the completed child theme example at the bottom of the page might be helpful, too.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

danielputumayotourscom

Catrina: Do you have any recommendations on how to make it so that the completed child theme works with Eco Pro? Is there any coding that I have to change or check on to make sure it works with Eco Pro. I have tried a bit of code from the completed child theme from TourCMS. But with no success. Any details are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Daniel

danielputumayotourscom

Catrina: Do you have any recommendations on how to make it so that the completed child theme works with Eco Pro? Is there any coding that I have to change or check on to make sure it works with Eco Pro. I have tried a bit of code from the completed child theme from TourCMS. But with no success. Any details are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Daniel

cmunns

The single-tour.php is a page template? If it does not show up then the child theme setup is off? How have you created the child theme...did you make the style.css and add the correct markup ?

danielputumayotourscom

Adam: I have done all this already. My problem is that the code looks like it's not working and I can't figure out how to make it work. I wonder what is the best to use a child theme with EcoPro since it's template based. The child theme basically takes a post with the product type of "tour" and formats that entry to make it a regular page and not a blog entry if you will. I don't know how best to explain it. Thanks, Daniel

bryan-hadaway

If you can share your code we can check it for errors or syntax problems. Thanks, Bryan