Sign in to follow this  
markbedillionmdyahoocom

NAV bar jumps upon mouse scrollover

markbedillionmdyahoocom

site: www.preparemd.com Upon scrolling over the "Supplments" and "Conditions" tabs the page jumps. Doesn't happen w other NAV tabs. There are drop down arrows on each of these - could be a clue. Would like to move the SEARCH box to very top, so NAV bar is on 1 line. Thank you, Mark

markbedillionmdyahoocom

I disabled the "arrows" from the drop down navigation and the nav bar doesn't jump anymore. This works for me. Thanks

markbedillionmdyahoocom

Sorry. Not fixed. Mousing across the nav bar makes the page "jump" ONLY ON THE HOME PAGE - which is the feature page. Still need help with this. Thanks

catrina

By jump, do you mean the bottom of the page (the footer) extends? That is why I see when I mouse over the Topics menu item.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

markbedillionmdyahoocom

The jumping or shifting is a quick shift to the side or left. In Chrome (and I think Firefox) when I move the mouse from TOPICS to TERMS OF USE and back (or the tab to the right of TOPICS) there is a quick shift to the left. It only happens when mousing over the TOPICS tab. Thanks

kastelic

It's because the nav dropdown is so long that it is going past the bottom of the page and causing the browsers scroll bar to suddenly appear, causing the shift to the left. Try forcing the scrollbar to always appear by adding this to your custom CSS box:

html { overflow-y: scroll; }

markbedillionmdyahoocom

Thanks Jimmy. That worked.