Sign in to follow this  
russellprisco

Platform Pro Template Setup - No Drag and Drop Visible.

russellprisco

Hey there, in the template setup, there's nothing to drag and drop, it's just blank. It says this, and I'm sure it's a simple fix, but i have no idea what it is. PlatformPro Template Setup Drag and drop control over your website's templates. Note: Select "Hidden by Default" to hide the section by default; and activate with individual page/post options. Can someone please explain this to me? Hard to do anything else without being able to do the templates... thanks =) Also, this happened with no plugins.

Andrew

Did you try resetting things? Are you seeing anything strange ? How about doing a 'reset template sections' ?

russellprisco

Yes, tried resetting things. This is also on a fresh install. blank.png It's blank no matter what i choose (site header, site footer etc...) Thanks =)

kastelic

I would reinstall wordpress and then re-upload and activate the latest Platform version. Since its fresh anyway, it couldn't hurt, and it can solve strange problems like this.

russellprisco

do you think it might be because it wasn't installed in the main directory? EX: website.com/folder/wp-content/themes/ vs website.com/wp-content/themes/ I tried installing it on 2 sites, brand new, and that's the only thing i can think of, as they were both on 2 different hosts, and both were installed in an addon folder. I hope that's not it, i always like to do that for easily being able to redirect the site if i ever need to. Thanks =)

kastelic

I don't think that's it. Although its not the recommended way for SEO reasons, and I think some other reasons, installing in a subdirectory should cause no functionality problems.

russellprisco

Maybe I'm missing something in the initial setup. I've made sure that I'm using the most recent version of platform, but I might be missing the basic do's and don'ts of the setup for the dev version. Can someone please give me the 1, 2, 3's of setting up the platform pro dev version? There doesn't seem to be any difference between the setup of the regular platform pro vs the dev platform pro... but again, can someone please spell it out for me? Thanks in advance, Russell =)

bryan-hadaway

There's not, setting up a theme is a setting up a theme. The only hiccup could be if you're using PlatformBase make sure that's what you activate. I think really you need to look here: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=5256 and see if that fixes this. Thanks, Bryan

zoesmith

I'm having exactly the same problem. Nothing appears when I select template areas. I'm also unable to upload any images etc. I have noticed an icon that seems to indicate that the page is being loaded but nothing appears, even after 10 minutes. Any advice would be much appreciated - I have tried reinstalling twice.

bryan-hadaway

After you tried the possible solution I shared? Also, lets hear what hosting services are being used. Going to notify the developers of this possible issue. Thanks, Bryan

Andrew

I'm paying attention, Sorry about this one... Here is what I'll ask you to do, First, are you using Firefox, Safari or Chrome? Second, is there anything else weird going on? or does everything else work great? If none of that sheds light, You can start a ticket with us by emailing at [email protected] with some login info and I will take a look

russellprisco

Everything displays just fine if i install the regular version, it's only happening with the dev version by itself. After uploading both and activating base it now shows up. As for hosting, this happened on hostgator, and another similar service called arvixe. Again, this was happening with just the dev version for me, and is now fixed after uploading the dev version and base, and then activating base. Is it mandatory to install base with the dev version or should it work by itself? Thanks =)

russellprisco

I don't think it was a browser issue. Was the same on chrome and ie. Thanks for your help =)

cmunns

Hostgator should work normally and no you don't have to have Base to get it to work correctly. Go ahead and start that ticket and mention this thread when you send the email so you don't get redirected back to the forum.

zoesmith

My issue has been resolved. I was using free hosting on GoDaddy. Once I upgraded it started working. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Thanks for sharing zoe (first karma point), we have indeed seen many issues with GoDaddy. Probably the most problematic host I've dealt with in general. Thanks, Bryan