Sign in to follow this  
idesignsgroup

How to change thumbnail image size and position on template

idesignsgroup

instead of having the thumbnail images on main blog page for each entry be 150x and on left side i would like to use them like Engadget and have a large thumbnail preview in the top middle of each post. how can i change the thumbnail size and position so it looks similar to engadget?

idesignsgroup

ok forgive me because i am new to wordpress in general. i figured out how to change the thumbnail size via media settings in wordpress but i still don't know how to change the thumbnail placement. no matter if i select left, center, or right when inserting feature image it always shows on left side of post instead of left, center, right of post. i would like to have feature image to show on top - center of each post. how can i accomplish this?

catrina

Are you already using thumbnail images on your site? Here's a suggestion that might be more simple: rather than uploading images as featured images and having to edit the featured image code to fit your needs, you can simply upload an image, insert it into a post, and center it so that it looks exactly like Engadget's format.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

idesignsgroup

and that will show on the main page? not the page once i click into the post.

idesignsgroup

also how do i remove the feature image box area and use the full width for the post then if i am going to use your method.

idesignsgroup

i don't mind deleting what featured images i have already as i am only testing right now until i can get the format right.

idesignsgroup

if i do as you state it doesn't show the picture on the main blog page in the top center of post. only on the single post page once i click into it. how can i get it to show on the main blog posts page instead?

Kate

Hi Robert, Go to "Settings->Blog and Posts". There's an option on there to display the featured thumbnail on the Posts page.

idesignsgroup

Kate thanks for the reply. i don't understand though. i already have the featured image showing on the posts page. what i want to do is show a large image over the top center of the page just under the title but above the entry post and have the read more at the bottom where user can go to the full post page. right now it just shows the 'feature image' on the left side of each post on main post page. my website is here www.cctvavs.com. i want the main post page to look like engadget with large feature image on main page above the entry info post. how can i accomplish this?

cmunns

Probably easiest to "show full post content" and not use the thumbnail feature. If you place the images this way in the post itself it should show in the excerpt if you use the `` tag after it.

idesignsgroup

sounds more like it cmmuns. let me try. thanks.

idesignsgroup

perfect cmmunns. my small issue now is double posting. it is double posting the excerpt info twice. i assume this is another setting on blog and posts section of pagelines? i is posting the except above and below the picture. i want it to show only below the picture. any suggestions?

idesignsgroup

i got it. had to turn off post/blog page checkbox on Post Excerpt or Summary Handling and all is well now. thanks again. this template is awesome!