Sign in to follow this  
hazlebury

Missing sub menu

hazlebury

After upgrading, my sub menu has disappeared - very annoying! How do I get it back please?

catrina

The submenu is the secondary menu, which can be selected under Posts Page Secondary Navigation in the Header and Nav section of your Theme Options.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hazlebury

It makes no difference - when I choose a menu in that box no sub-menu is added even though I clearly have it displayed in the Site Header template

cmunns

if it's your blog page then you have to set it globally under "Blog and Post" options.

hazlebury

I can't see any menu settings under that settings page

Kate

It's actually under "Settings->Header and Nav".

hazlebury

This is all quite confusing. I have a very simple Wordpress site with many pages organised in a hierarchy. Before I upgraded, my menus were automatic and based on the parent settings in the page. It just can't be right that Pagelines has broken this functionality, surely. For example what am I supposed to put as the choice of menu in the Header and Nav setting?? Whatever I put doesn't make any difference anyway to the pages. It would be crazy to have to edit menus every time I create a new page. I'm really disappointed such a core feature of Wordpress has been removed as part of an upgrade, without any warning. I raised this 6 days ago and my site has been broken for that time.

catrina

Is the submenu you're referring to listing the child pages for each page you create? (The secondary navigation menu is different from that.)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

paulie

Hi I have similar issue. This secondary navigation works for me correctly when I work with pages, but it doesn't when I work with categories. When I create a category menu item and that category has sub-categories, the secondary navigation is not generated. P.

cmunns

Paulie, we'll look into getting this functionality added back in.

hazlebury

hi catrina, yes before upgrading, the child pages appeared as submenus

cmunns

The callback function is going to be improved on this

hazlebury

Hi I am not sure what a callback function is. Do you know how I display submenus?

timlinson

Adam's just letting you know that the devs are looking to improve the callback function to revert back to the more familiar auto-submenu behavior In the mean time, I think you'll have to create custom menus for the submenus that you want.