Sign in to follow this  
hypman

Not sure where to place code for plug in

hypman    9
hypman

Hi Im trying to add page numbers to my theme but i cant see where the developer says to add the code. I just want to check things before i do this as i dont often edit code and dont want anything to go wrong with my site. This is what the developer says: Add the code where you find previous_post() and next_post() functions. If you can't find these tags, place the code between endwhile; and endif; in the_loop. Code to add in your theme <?php if(function_exists('wp_page_numbers')) : wp_page_numbers(); endif; ?> So my question is, exactly where should i add the code? I cant see anything like this in the theme? thanks

hypman    9
hypman

Sorry, i should have said, its i blog pro. IM not even sure if this theme is compatible with page numbers? thanks Catrina

catrina    103
catrina

The previous_post() and next_post() functions you're looking for are located in the _pagination.php file. This is what it looks like: ` span class="previous-entries"><?php next_posts_link(__('Previous Entries', TDOMAIN)) ?> <?php previous_posts_link(__('Next Entries', TDOMAIN)) ?> `

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

hypman    9
hypman

thanks Catrina that why i couldnt see them : ) Garry

wphostmanaged    0
wphostmanaged

I'm trying to do this in Pagelines Lite... there is no _pagination.php file to edit.

Is there another file?

Managed WordPress Hosting!

No Hassles - No Headaches

James B    436
James B

Hi there, Iblog pro is a legacy theme so it was structured differently to the Pagelines Framework. In the framework pagination is a section, so they'll be separate files for the various sections.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B