Sign in to follow this  
onestandard

PlatformPro: Different Background Image for Different Pages

onestandard

Good morning. I searched the forums for an answer to this, but I need to get a different background image on my front page than on my subsequent content. I tried both: (1) Custom Background plugin (2) this code adapted from a post on the general forums .page-id-4448 #page { background-image: url('/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/ASRebirthLogoGhosts1add1b1.png') !important; background-repeat:repeat-x; background-position:left top; } Thanks in advance for the help.

toddatkins

Man I am having the same problem. I had used that exact code you showed there in the Custom CSS and it worked fine. Then something happened and now it doesn't work at all. I even tried putting it in base.css, double checked syntax and everything, but it will not work anymore. Very frustrating. How could it just stop working? It should not be this difficult.

onestandard

Yeah, I jacked the code from one of the threads you posted to. I could be completely wrong, but there seems to be a big difference between the last version of Platform Pro and 1.3.1 that is killing older custom code. There are quite a few answers to problems/tweaks that just don't work any longer, and that is quite frustrating.

catrina

Kyle, is all custom code not working or is it just the background image code?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

toddatkins

This worked for me. I put it in base.css (replace .page-id-xx with the page id of your page you want to load the image, ex: page-id-14):

.page-id-xx #page-canvas {
	background: url('images/background-big.jpg');
	background-repeat:repeat-x;
	}

catrina

Kyle, you can try out Todd's solution and let us know how it works out for you. Todd, I'll add another karma point for you!

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse