Sign in to follow this  
ghampson

Header and footer resolution

ghampson

Hi, I'm using Platform Pro. The image resolution in both my header and footer are less than ideal. It's as though there's script somewhere requiring my header and footer text/images to display at low-res. Can you tell me how to fix this issue? I'd like my header logo to display as crisp as possible, and the footer text to be sharp and not fuzzy. Thanks!

bryan-hadaway

Let's get a link. It sounds like your images might be getting stretched cause they're not sized optimally. Thanks, Bryan

ghampson

Hi Bryan, The images themselves aren't the issue--I'm pretty expert with Photoshop. But just in case, is there an "optimal" size for the logo? The logo I've designed is displaying at the size created---there's no upsampling. Also,fuzziness is occurring in the footer text, too (not just the images). Thanks, Glenn

ghampson

Hi Bryan, Looking into this some more, Platform Pro is actually reducing my header logo to 90% of its original size (from 600x70 to about 540x63). I couldn't find anything in the code (or view source) making this call. There are other calls in the code for 90%---tabs, for instance. Any ideas? Is 600px too wide to start with, which forces this reduction? Thanks again.

bryan-hadaway

That is big for a logo, not for a header if that's the intention. Again, I'll need to see a link to investigate further. Thanks, Bryan

ghampson

Hi Bryan, I think I've figured this out--partly filed under the "sorry about that" category. My Firefox browser was set to 90%, which was fuzzying up my logo. As for the footer text, Platform Pro 1.3 puts a 1px black shadow on the footer text, which against a black background (default) creates (for some reason---pixelation?) a weird out-of-focus look. So I just removed the shadow and all is well again. Regards, Glenn