Sign in to follow this  
chebaro

Problem with CSS - Dynamic CSS File Not Writable

chebaro

Hi, I installed the new platformpro. But i got this problem message below. Could anybody help me with this, please explain step by step. thank yu guys:)! Dynamic CSS File Not Writable Your dynamic CSS file is not writable by the server. To fix just change the file permissions of your dynamic.css file to 666, and you'll be all set. After setting your file permissions, hit the save button so your dynamic CSS can be generated. The file is located here: /usr/home/web/wse236552/wp-content/themes/platformpro/core/css/dynamic.css

bryan-hadaway

This is done via FTP or your hosting control panel. You'll have to look at your hosting support docs or contact them for specific instructions. Thanks, Bryan

chebaro

Hello Bryan, How is it done, my host say that they dont have anything to do with this. Could u please tell me how i can fix this, try to explain step by step. Thanks mate!

catrina

Do you use an FTP program? You can change your permissions for the files that way.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

chebaro

Yes i do, filezilla, how do i do that?

Kate

Right-click on the file and choose "Edit Permission" (or something like that ;)

chebaro

i did and got this massage instead : Your server is currently running PHP in 'Safe Mode' a deprecated security feature used by some hosts. This causes issues with dynamic customization and we highly recommend fixing it. Read more about PHP safe mode ?†’

Simon

Try going to misc settings and enable `Inline Dynamic CSS`.

chebaro

Hi pross, Where and how do i do that? Thanks in advance

Simon

In PlatformPro settings there is a misc tab, the setting is in there.

chebaro

i still get the same massage when i Make Dynamic CSS Inline.

Andrew

is it not possible to get into a server running in a standard mode? Safe mode causes issues. That said, even though you're seeing the error; the theme should be running fine if dynamic css is inline. (it is not writing a static file, but loading the css inline)

dvdrw

Hi, same problems as N.C has (or had?) my server had: apache-module, PHP 'safe_mode' but a few minutes ago changed in: standard PHP But CSS still Not Writable Any suggestions? Thanks

Andrew

You could always load css 'inline' or check the permissions on your WP-uploads folder and files...

dorin_dumitrascuta

What worked for me was to change via FTP the permission of the WP-uploads folder directly to 666. I changed the permission for the whole folder because I couldn't even find the dynamic css file for starters. So this removed the pesky warning in the theme screen in WP :) Hope it helps.